Oct 29th, 2011 Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »
If you have plans of having a vacation during summer or perhaps after a long tiring year of just plainly working at your office and you might want to think of ways to earn extra money for a scheduled vacation. Here are some practical and easy ways can do:
- Have a garage sale. There are many things that you do not need and just add some clutter to your homes like clothes that no longer fit you, bags you no longer like, appliances and furniture you do not use, etc. Sell them. You might be surprised on how much money you can raise.
- Write articles. If you love to write, there are newspapers or other periodicals that need writers to write on some topics they need. If you have internet connection, there are certain sites that post writing jobs. If you are hired and you write as many articles as you can, you will definitely earn quite a good sum of money.
- Sell Used books. If you have extra textbooks laying around the house do not hesitate to sell these books. You will be surprised how often students would rather buy used textbooks over new textbooks.
- Become a tutor. Are you good at Math or English or any other subject you are confident you can teach? Then be a tutor. You can do this by advertising it in your neighborhood. There are some who have kids who need some guidance in one subject. This may even be a good start to a new career.
- Money from hobbies and interests. If you are excellent at a certain sport like table tennis or lawn tennis, you may become a coach and teach kids how to play. Or if like cross-stitching or crocheting, then make something out of these hobbies and sell them.
- Get an online job. There are sites that offer jobs online. The jobs posted are usually skills that you already know or can be easily learned. Some of these are transcribing, article writing, programming and many more. You just have to find an employer first who will trust you with the work they assigned to you.
So there you are. Try any of these tips I just mentioned. I am confident that by the time you are off for your vacation, you will have enough money you will bring with you.
Oct 18th, 2011 Posted in Travel | No Comments »
Many individuals think of warm weather, the beach crystal clear water and tropical drinks when it comes to vacations and traveling. However, there are many places around the world that are work a peak that are, more often than not, cold ever lived in louisville properties? When traveling in the cold it is essential to pack right, as you don’t want to be left shivering. It is usually possible to purchase clothing and accessories where you are visiting, but cold weather clothing is expensive while traveling, and you probably don’t want to blow your entire budget this way. This is why it is so important to have warm jackets and material on hand, before you depart.
North Face and Burton are two of the top manufactures for cold weather jackets and ski and snowboard pants. These jackets and pants are not only designed to insulate heat, but block out the wind, which is capable of sending chills down your spine and threw your bones. Make sure you locate a jacket that is long enough for traveling in the cold. You don’t want one that simply stops at your waist, as the wind is capable of blowing under this area. It is also where most of your other clothing stops, which leaves you more exposed here. Having an attached hood is essential also. When hiking out in the cold you want as much protection from the elements as possible. Yes, some jackets do make detachable hoods, but this leaves a crease in the protection, and if the wind is coming from behind, may cut you like a knife around your neck line.
North Face and Burton also produce gloves, boots and hats, all of which you are sure to need when traveling. Top tourist destinations, such as Alaska, Nepal, Russia and Anartica all have hash winds and cold climates, especially when visiting during the winter months (and in Anartica, there isn’t anywhere you can purchase additional clothing once there). If at all possible, purchase the clothing during your cold weather months. This way you can test out the material, before you set out on your journey. It isn’t always possible to know just how well the jackets and other clothing works, until you are in the elements. You don’t want to purchase a sub par jacket or pants, only to realize all to late the jacket is not capable of blocking out either the cold or the wind. If you live in a warm location, going with North Face and Burton is your best best, as these jackets are made of high end material.
Sep 17th, 2011 Posted in Tips, Travel | No Comments »
Are you planning on taking a trip? Not sure which of your credit cards would be best to use while traveling? If so, then this article on the top credit cards to use while on vacation is definitely for you. Going away should be a relaxing and fun filled experience. Learn how by using the right credit card you can not only earn the most points, miles and other perks, but save the most money as well. Some people may think that finding the best card has to be difficult but I’m here to break down my top 3 most valuable credit card tips.
- Chase Marriott Visa Rewards
If you travel often and have a particular hotel chain that you enjoy using you can quickly build up your rewards. This card comes with a $30 fee annually, but for the first year, the fee is waived. The standard in the industry, when it comes to redemption and earnings is around 1%, where each dollar you spend is equal to one point, which means a 100 points would equal out to earning a dollar when it comes to rewards. However, with this card if you were to pay for your room in one of the 3000 hotels that make up the Marriott brand, you’d earn three points for each dollar spent. This particular card also gains you points in the Marriott’s loyalty program, which means cardholders are able to earn even more points which can be turned in for some extra free nights.
- American Express – The Blue Sky Card
This is a card that has no fee yet still offers an excellent redemption rate. This card isn’t linked to any specific hotel or airline brand, which in turn makes it a great pick for people traveling who aren’t loyal to any particular brand. While you still earn points using the point per dollar formula that many other cards use, with this card you also get $100 off any eligible traveling purchases for each 7,500 points you attain. Basically, this means if you earn $75 in rewards, you’ll get $100 credited to you.
- American Express – Preferred Blue Cash Card
If you plan on going on a road trip this is your best option. This card gives a whopping 6% cash back in supermarkets and it gives back 3% in gas stations. Owners of this card also will get the 3% rate in department stores, as well as 1% back on your other purchases. The only downside of this card is the $75 fee charged annually and the fact that this card excludes any type of purchases from warehouse stores.
Aug 2nd, 2011 Posted in Tips | No Comments »
Traveling is often an exciting adventure, but the expenditures quickly add up. This makes it rather difficult to go out and have fun sometimes, as you are constantly thinking and worrying about money. This makes it extremely important to locate good deals for your travels. Saving money while traveling is essential to not only enjoy your trip, but to make sure you still have money in your bank account when you arrive back home.
- Book your flight and hotels at once. Most online travel agencies give you a nice discount, should you decide to book your airfare and hotel stays at the same time. These packaged deals save you hundreds of dollars, especially when staying for several days.
- Obtain an international student travel card. These cards are available through in store travel agencies. Many hotels, hostels, transportation providers and restaurants around the world offer a nice discount when you present the card. You must be under 25, or a student in order to obtain the card, but the yearly card provides nice savings while you are on the go.
- Check out websites such as Groupon or holidaybirds for international tour packages. These provide extreme local discounts for just about everywhere in the world. This includes travel and accommodations. Sometimes, it is possible to locate travel for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars under a standard price. If you don’t mind where you travel to, this is an excellent option for you.
- Book your flights and hotel accommodations ahead of time. The further in advance you book your flights and stays, the more money you save. The close the time is to the flight or hotel stay, the higher the demand for the service is, and the more money it is going to cost. This is especially true with flights. On occasion, it is possible to locate a hotel at a discount a day or two before hand, simply because the hotel is just trying to book out rooms it still has available.
- Never book your hotel by walking up to it. Here you do not receive any promotional deals or discounts and just pay the flat rate of whit it costs. When booking online, you are going to receive a nice discount over what the hotel generally costs, even if it is the day of the booking. Depending on how expensive the hotel is, you are going to save anywhere from a few dollars to nearly a hundred, for top line hotels.
Jul 19th, 2011 Posted in Travel | No Comments »
Do you love the natural environment? Do you enjoy ecotourism? The natural environment forms the core of all the major tourist attractions in the world today. It is important to conserve the environment not only for tourism, but also to safe guard planet earth for the future generations. All of these places have eco friendly attractions, sell fair trade gifts and the people who live there try to be as green as possible.
Now, back to tourism, people really enjoy visiting places that are eco friendly. The natural environment in such places is usually very hypnotizing that you literally feel as if you are in paradise. So, which are some of the best eco friendly places one can visit?
Ice land is one of the places that definitely pop into your head whenever you think about interesting natural environment places you can visit. Iceland boosts of a landscape that is well forested and many water bodies that have not been destroyed by human activity. Apart from that, Iceland usually harnesses its natural environment for energy in an eco friendly manner. The active volcanoes for example are a major source of power in Iceland.
Additionally, Iceland also obtains power from hydrogen powered sources and geothermal power plants. Its superb landscape has been a major tourist attraction for many years.
Whenever you think about eco-friendly destinations, the Middle East is not necessarily what comes in mind. Funnily, Masdar City that is located in the United Arab Emirates is among some of the best eco-friendly tourist destinations. One of the features that earn it this title is the fact that the city’s residents usually obtain power from the sun and other renewable sources.
Surprisingly and unlike other major cities in earth, Masdar is banning vehicles within the city’s vicinity. That means that soon there will not be a single car in the UAE city, despite the fact that vehicles form a core element of transportation in other urban centers. The city has drawn up a plan that is meant to recycle water not once, not twice, but multiple times until it cannot be used anymore. This is unlike other major cities that usually recycle water just once.
In the USA, you could visit the city of Austin in Texas since it one of the most eco friendly cities in the country. The city has more than half a million residents who recreate themselves in parks that cover more than fifteen percent of the city:s landscape. Apart from that, Austin has more than nineteen eco-friendly buildings that have been built with the theme of environmental conservation in mind.
Jun 12th, 2011 Posted in Getaway | No Comments »
After the partying has died down and the guests have left, it is now time to set sail on your new life, with your new spouse by your side. What better way to kick this amazing time in your life off than an amazing and romantic honeymoon. It is possible to find romance anywhere in the world, but if you want your honeymoon to stand out, head and heals over what other honeymoons are, there are some truly exotic and amazing locations around the world to visit and take in.
Fiji is a small group of islands, half way around the world. If you already live in New Zealand or Australia you are in luck as it is not a far flight. However, for those individuals living in the United States and Europe, it is a bit of a trek. Don’t be scarred of the long flight, or the price, because this is the most expensive item you are going to purchase on your trip. Accommodations, food and transportation are rather inexpensive (although it is still possible to splurge on these, if you choose). There are several different islands in Fiji, but if you are looking for something a little more remote, move outwards from the island you land on. This is the busiest with the most tourists. The further out you go, the less of a crowd and the more direct service you receive.
Just a small stones throw away from Fiji is Tahiti. This small island is still occupied by the French, so the French language is spoken on the island. This may help you communicate with locals, if you speak French. If not, don’t worry, it is a major tourist destination and English is spoken. Tahiti is more expensive than Fiji, but gives completely different services and sunsets to take in.
Bali has long been romanticized as one of the most beautiful and romantic locations on earth. You just need to get out of the urban sprawl to find in. The island in the heart of Indonesia is fully congested when you arrive, so make your way outward. The best beaches is in the south of the island. If you book a beachfront hotel, you often receive private beach access, so you don’t have casual tourists strolling through your grounds. And, for something a little more remote, try out the town of Ubud in Bali, for hotels overlooking the forest.
May 15th, 2011 Posted in Tips | No Comments »
With the many companies competing for your business, there are more and more deals popping up on the internet daily. These deals include food, clothing, leisure, and many others. It is simple to get these daily deals simply by staying in tune with offerings through the web and email subscriptions. A simple Google search can help you be well on your way to saving money daily.
For those who are looking for a good deal on clothing, there are websites like Ruelala and Guilt Groupe that provide one day sales on luxurious brands that are up to 70% off. These are one time steals that are always on the camp out by others therefore sizing is limited. Because of the popularity of these sites, the products have grown from just retail products to others which include household items and vacations.
For those looking for a local activity which includes eating, relaxation and others, the new trends of the market is daily deals that are purchasable prior to use for a discounted price. Simply print or show a code to redeem in stores and enjoy savings. Leading daily deal websites include Groupon, Living Social, yipit, Lifebooker, and many others. There is always a great steal on these websites and they are usually no caps on the purchases so you can expect to have the deal around all day. Some deals change day to day, depending on the company and their promotion.
In addition to websites with one day goods, subscribing to a brand that you like or commonly use provides you with perks as well. Some companies like Godiva offer monthly pieces of chocolate for free through their rewards program. Other companies offer monthly or bi-monthly coupons for use that is always great for returning customers. Subscribed customers usually receive notices of promotions and discounts prior to the public which is a great way to be up to date with sales.
For those who are not subscribed to specific companies, a great way to get daily deals is to search for coupons to use online. Many companies offer print out coupons and accepts competitor coupons which allows for a great amount of savings. With the internet growing, there are many ways to save money now a days with just a little bit of research. With a little bit of work that can go a long way, daily deals are just a click away.